2013年1月28日

Controllable and uncontrollable encounter

I always believe that doing right thing in right season brings benefit. My planting area is a half open space with shelter to prevent the rain and strong wind, but the temperature and sunlight change daily according to outdoor environment.

My Sinn. helioana is coming with 7 flower stalks and a leaf for this year. I forgot to stop watering it when the climate turned to cool in last September, then a leaf sprouted and it reminded me that it's the time to let this plant enter the dormancy and that was a month later. This cute little bloomer postpones a month to bloom as I used to stop watering during September and it bloomed during X'mas to early January. Nevertheless, what a pleasure of seeing these red bell-shaped flowers in this cold and silent season.



Sinn. HCY's Persephone, these blooms are happening on a very small sprout after repotting. Because it was re-potted during dormancy and I did not water it regularly nor give fertilizer. It quickly sprouted in the cold weather and soon in bloom. After flowering, this sprout will end its cycle and then I will just normally take care of it for next cycle in the prosperous spring.



沒有留言:

張貼留言