2016年6月1日

Maybe a Cyrtandra sp. in Tambunan

The reasons that I like to travel in Southeast Asia, not only it is near home, but also there are many pretty Gesneriad plants that are lesser known by the Gesneriad lovers. Although this plant looks like a Henckelia, but it supposes to be a Cyrtandra species which was found during my trip to Sabah, Malaysian Borneo. Due to less study and papers about this genus, any comment about the ID will be much appreciated.

I found it in Tambunan district, I don't exactly know how big is its population, but at least I found it thrives along a small stream. This asian pacific genus 'Cyrtandra' is a big family that comprises many unidentified species and it is the largest genus in the family Gesneriaceae. By the way, Tambunan has idyllic inland countryside scenery, lovely people and it is a famous district for the rice production.

I met this plant in dry season, it seems ok to pass through the drought by using the little moisture from flowing stream.

The leaves are weak and a little dehydrated due to the dry season. 
The flower is pure white. Photo courtesy of HTLiao

The other photo of the flower. Photo courtesy of Roger Chien




沒有留言:

張貼留言