2016年4月15日

Cyrtandra sp. in Sabah

Sabah ... not far from home because we have direct flight (TPE - BKI) to go there and it only takes us 3 hours. It's my third times to visit Sabah but in dry season. At 1500 meters above sea level, I unexpectedly encountered this Gesneriad plant but the funny thing is that it was not the plant to stop me at the roadside. The story is that I saw a blooming Burbidgea when we drove by, the orange-yellow flower is hard to ignore, so we stopped to check it out. Not far away from that Burbidgea, I found an interesting plant and it looked like Cyrtandra splendens which is commonly recorded in the lowland of Sarawak. Anyway, I just know it belongs to Gesneriaceae family, genus Cyrtandra. Unfortunately there is no flower for double checking the ID. I found both young and old plants (with tall and woody stem) at the same place, the variegated foliage is beautiful, especially the young plants.




沒有留言:

張貼留言