2014年9月5日

Agalmyla ovata

Agalmyla is a brand new genus of Gesneriad that I never knew before I took a short trip to Sabah, North Borneo of Malaysia in August. I felt quite relaxed in the atmosphere of tropical mountain. Agalmyla ovata was found in Gunung Alab, a summit of Crocker Range. There are several jungle trails, but it's a pity that I arrived in the afternoon which is usually rainy there, the trails were dark, slippy and muddy. So I just looked around the open area and the mossy forest which is accessible by the wooden path.

The weather in Gunung Alab is cool, Agalmyla ovata grows by climbing the tree in the open area. It is easy to notice this plant as there are many red flower clusters which is hard to ignore. The plant itself is huge, I guess it will require certain space if you want to grow it at home. :P Anyway, it was happy to see the red blooms in a cool rainy afternoon and I will come back to explore the trails of Gunung Alab.





沒有留言:

張貼留言