2013年11月10日

Sinn. HCY's Merry-Go-Round

This Sinningia was announced in 2008 through a charity auction on TBG web forum (local gardening forum of Taiwan) and it supposed to be the pioneer of Taiwanese calyx double Sinningias. I do not remember the full ancestry of it, but this seedling included Sinn. reitzii as one of the ancestry because I was impressed by this experimental cross when H.C.Y. occasionally mentioned it. The name "Merry-Go-Round" was given by the bidder "Ponytail" who finally won this auction, she is also one of the active local gesneriad growers and the hybridizer of Isa's series.

I only grow this plant after 5 years. :) Recently it blooms and I finally have the chance to write something about it. Sinn. HCY's Merry-Go-Round is a neat blooming plant with fine proportion of flower and foliage which makes it a good parent for hybrid projects ... well this is my assumption for conclusion ... believe it or not ... up to you.  XD



沒有留言:

張貼留言